SNL-SWAN is a modification of the open source SWAN (Simulating WAves Nearshore) code developed by TU Delft. Development and application of the SNL-SWAN code is led by Sandia National Laboratories with the support of many external collaborators. The SNL-SWAN code includes the addition of a WEC Module which improves how SWAN accounts for power performance of Wave Energy Converters (WECs) and their affect on the wave field.
- Chris Chartrand (Sandia)
- Kelley Ruehl (Sandia - PI)
- Aaron Porter (Coast and Harbor Inc.)
- Helen Smith (University of Exeter)
- Ari Posner (DOE EERE Post-Doc)
- Jesse Roberts (Sandia - PI)
- Craig Jones (Integral Consulting)
- Grace Chang (Integral Consulting)
SNL-SWAN is funded by the U.S. Department of Energy?s Wind and Water Power Technologies Office. Sandia National Laboratories is a multi-mission laboratory managed and operated by National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia, LLC., a wholly owned subsidiary of Honeywell International, Inc., for the U.S. Department of Energy?s National Nuclear Security Administration under contract DE-NA0003525.